While ensuring that Customer care is our number one priority, we at the Best Western Plus Canyonlands Inn are committed protecting the environment through a wide range of policies and practices such as:
- The entire hotel utilizes Compact Florescent Light bulbs and motion sensor switched to significantly reduce power usage.
- Guest rooms are equipped with low flow showerheads as well as 1.5 Gpf toilets to reduce the amount of water usage.
- The hotel has implemented an Energy Star rated purchasing policy for all appliances.
- Housekeeping uses an environmentally friendly line of cleaning chemicals.
- Recycling stations are available in multiple locations throughout the property.
- Digital Thermostats as well as occupancy sensors have been installed in each guest room to minimize the use of heating/cooling in unoccupied rooms.
- Recycled paper is used whenever possible in day-to-day operations.
- All disposable dishware including cutlery is made from compost-able vegetable starch in place of traditional Styrofoam or paper.
- The Canyonlands Inn makes every effort possible to buy locally. This supports the local economy, as well as reduces transportation-based pollution.
- Linens and furnishing that have been replaced are donated to local Charities.
- The Hotel has an extensive recycling program to dispose of common waste items such as: Batteries, CFL’s, Electronics, Ink Cartridges, paper, glass, plastic and hazardous liquids.
- Our guests are given the opportunity to lessen their carbon footprint by opting to reuse towels and linens during multiple night stays.
- The Canyonlands Inn Purchases Blue Sky renewable energy through Rocky Mountain Power to encourage the development of new renewable energy in our region, which benefits our local economies.
- Standard amenities such as Shampoo, Conditioner and soap have been replaced with a biodegradable line.
- A “Green Committee” meets regularly to plan, manage and implement environmentally based programs.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Canyonlands Inn proudly earns a 4 Key Eco-rating from Green Key Global.