About Us

About Us

A brief history of the Canyonlands Inn
  • Built originally as the Utah Motel in 1936
  • In the 1960 the Motel was renamed and a café was added becoming Canyonlands Motel and Café.
  • The hotel has remained family owned and operated since 1977.

In 1977 the current owners purchased the hotel and café. The business remained the Canyonlands Inn and Café until 1992 when the two buildings were demolished leaving behind one small white apartment on the Southeast corner of the property. In April 1992 the hotel re-opened as the Best Western Canyonlands Inn. The old café opened as Pasta Jays and a few short years later the Peace Tree Juice Café was added to the apartment front. In 2010 the apartment and existing Peace Tree Café were demolished. Three Signature suites were added atop the new Peace Tree Café and opened their doors in the spring of 2011.

The Hotel has remained family owned and operated since its original purchase in 1977. The current general manager is the third generation to operate the hotel. One stay with us and we hope that you too will feel like family.

Learn More
UA-18762480-1